THIS PAGE IS WHERE YOU WILL FIND ALL THE JUICY DETAILS ABOUT ME :)
YES! This is me!!!
I live in michigan and i love winter!
Let me introduce myself! As you read on my homepage, my full name is Annette but I go by Nettie to my close friends, family, and clients. It's so much easier for little ones to say "Nettie" than "Annette."
My passion for photography has been with me for awhile, but I didn't start taking photos professionally until about 8ish years ago. I absolutely love capturing all the memories - my own AND my clients'.
I really enjoy ALL the seasons in Michigan - even winter. But up here, we get a lot of folks who despise winter, complain about it. I used to be like that. I hated how my birthday was in February and I could never have a big summer party. But something switched inside of me. I started telling myself to enjoy ALL the seasons that God has blessed us with, including my birthday month. So, here I am. I started celebrating my birthdays, winter hiking with my gal pals. And I think to myself, "Gee, I'm so lucky to have a birthday that falls on usually the snowiest month of the year here in Michigan."
Deets about my Work
Sigma 35mm 1.4
Nikon 24mm 2.8
Nikon 85mm 1.8
Sigma 50mm 1.4
And uh, snowshoes?! hehe
My bag is made complete with my pin collection :)
Candid, Real, Raw, Emotive.Warm. Bold, Punchy, Colorful. These are a few words that stand out to describe my style.
Read more here
• I love winter, mountains, forests, and the rocky beaches of Lake Superior
• I was homeschooled in high school
• I love red wine. LOVE that California Cab!
• I LOVE crime dramas!!! Anything from NCIS to Criminal Minds
• I also love reality tv, like Amazing Race and Survivor. In fact, I went into labor with my oldest in the middle of Survivor (this is before DVR times) and I just had to wait until the episode was done before we left for the hospital, lol. I had him a few hours later in the early AM.
• I was born and raised in West Michigan.
• My baby girl and I practically look like twins. It’s almost uncanny how much we look alike. Although she now has dyed her hair dark and has a septum piercing, lol
• We bought an RV July 2020 and loving it! Eventually, we will do more traveling around the US, but first we need to get our baby girl graduated from high school
• My best friend and I both grew up with funky Christian Alternative music - I so miss those bands like Relient K, Skillet, Geoff Moore and the Distance, DC Talk - Christian Music is just not the same anymore…
• I don't really like wearing dresses
• My hubs is a successful entrepreneur, he and his partners own and manage multiple BIGGBY COFFEE locations
• I love cats, especially my furball Maverick
• I consider myself a coffee snob
• Nature is my happy place
• My guilty pleasure is watching The Bachelor!
• Hiking with my gal pals is one of my favorite things to do!
• I’m 40 and loving it :)
• I’ve been married to my hubby for 21 years and counting
• We have 2 kids, well more like young adults (20 & 17)
• I’m an introverted extrovert and an Enneagram 7w6
• I actually really enjoyed building this website • on my own and quite proud of it!
"AND into the forest i go,
to lose my mind and find my soul"
Nature is my happy Place
This is the default content for your text block
Fine Art Prints
I take my camera wherever I hike, RV, or travel. I can't help it, lol. My passion runs deep within. Want to know more about my prints? Explore using the links below.
Did you know that I will be selling my nature and landscape photos?
prints coming soon